|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lukewarm water||4 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a large frying pan, or in a deep fat fryer, heat oil to fry the fritters.
2. quarter the bananas, length wise.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift the flour and salt and add sugar.
4. Add melted butter and water and stir to form a smooth thick batter.
5. In another clean and grease free dish, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
6. Fold into the batter.
7. Quarter the bananas, length wise.
8. Check if the oil is hot enough by dropping a bit of the batter in it.
9. Dip each banana piece in the batter and drop in hot oil. Fry till golden brown.
10. Using a slotted spoon, remove onto a kitchen paper and allow the oil to drain.
11. Serve fritters hot.
12. Dust generously with icing sugar or serve with jam.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg1.2%
Sodium 52.1 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet