|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Royal baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted shortening||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat/1 cup for deep frying||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for frying on griddle)|
1) Take a bowl and sift all the dry ingredients together.
2) Add onion, beaten eggs and shortening along with the liquid.
3) Chop the clams with the aid of a meat chopper after rinsing them.
4) Add them to the batter mixture.
5) Take a griddle and grease it well.
6) Alternatively take a frying pan and heat some deep fat in it.
7) Fry a spoonful of batter at a time.
8) Serve as required.