That's French cuisine in the Kentucky countryside. Philippe Roca offers his renowned recipe for rabbit pâté.
4 Pound, deboned (including kidney and liver)
Pork shoulder/Veal meat
12 , divided
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Clove (10 gm)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a clay pot with 10 bacon slices and set aside.
3. Chop the rabbit and grind rabbit meat except the tenderloins and pork together.
4. In a blender, grind onion, mushrooms and garlic.
5. In a large bowl, take out the ground meat; add in the eggs, whiskey and sea salt.
6. Season the meat mixture with Italian seasoning.
7. Add in the mushroom mixture and mix thoroughly all the ingredients.
8. Place half of the meat mixture into the prepared clay pot. Top with rabbit tenderloin and place the remaining meat mixture.
9. Decorate the dish with remaining bacon slices and bay leaves.
10. Cover the pot with an aluminum foil and bake in oven for 1 hour.
11. After 1 hour remove the foil and bake for another 1 hour.
12. Take out the pate from the oven and let it sit for an hour.
13. Slice the pate and serve with some red wine.
For all those French cuisine fans, this rabbit pate recipe is a must try. Take a look at the video to see very clear and simple directives to make rabbit combined with mushrooms, and whiskey to make a mouthwatering dish. Few minutes of baking and you are ready with a simple yet exotic recipe for the whole family!