How to make Smoked Trout Pate Wrapped In Smoked Trout Slices
|For the pate|
|Smoked trout slices||200 Gram|
|Cream cheese||200 Gram|
|Full fat creme fraiche||200 Milliliter|
|Fresh dill leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Hot smoked trout fillets||125 Gram|
|Wholegrain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salad leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs) (to serve)|
1. Prepare a muffin tray, lined with cling film. Make 4-6 depressions in the muffin pan with cling-film.
2. In a food processor, tip the cream cheese and creme fraiche. Add dill, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper and grind until smooth. Add in the hot smoked trout and grind briefly until the trout is mixed in.
3. Spoon the cheesy trout mixture into the line muffin tins, and press down to level the surface. Fold the cling-film over the top of each to cover them. Chill the pate for 4 hours, or overnight.
4. In a bowl, add mustard, dill, honey, lemon juice and olive oil and mix well. Keep chilled until ready to use.
5. On a plate, place a bed of salad leaves. Lift one of the trout pates out of the tins and peel the cling-film away from the base. Invert the pate onto the plate and peel the cling-film from the top. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
6. Serve the Smoked Trout Pate wraps as a tasty appetizer.