Check out our easy step by step guide to making this tasty treat.
For the pate
Smoked trout slices
Full fat creme fraiche
Fresh dill leaves
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
Salt and pepper
Hot smoked trout fillets
Mixed salad leaves
2 Cup (32 tbs) (to serve)
1. Prepare a muffin tray, lined with cling film. Make 4-6 depressions in the muffin pan with cling-film.
2. In a food processor, tip the cream cheese and creme fraiche. Add dill, Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper and grind until smooth. Add in the hot smoked trout and grind briefly until the trout is mixed in.
3. Spoon the cheesy trout mixture into the line muffin tins, and press down to level the surface. Fold the cling-film over the top of each to cover them. Chill the pate for 4 hours, or overnight.
4. In a bowl, add mustard, dill, honey, lemon juice and olive oil and mix well. Keep chilled until ready to use.
5. On a plate, place a bed of salad leaves. Lift one of the trout pates out of the tins and peel the cling-film away from the base. Invert the pate onto the plate and peel the cling-film from the top. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
6. Serve the Smoked Trout Pate wraps as a tasty appetizer.
Pates are always seen as a difficult dish to make but with a video as detailed as the one you are just about to watch, things are guaranteed to become easy and fun. Sue McMohan shares a recipe that is easy to make and yummy to taste. Making pate was never this fun!