Ratatouille is a provincial French dish. It is a hearty vegetable stew that has eggplant. It is very delicious and easy to make. Ratatouille can be served as a vegetarian or as a side dish. The flavours of the vegetables are nicely blended into the herbs and topped with the cheese.
Zucchini/1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini)
2 (Any Two Colors)
Sun dried tomato vinaigrette
8 Ounce (Half Bottle)
Canned diced tomatoes
Garlic cloves/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Grated parmesan cheese
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1) Slice the zucchini, onion, bell peppers and eggplant.
2) Place then in a large pan, pour in the sun dried tomato vinaigrette, stir and cook over a medium-high heat for about 8 minutes.
3) Add the garlic, canned tomatoes, parsely, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Remove in a 9 x 13 casserole pan, spread evenly. Then sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese and the shredded Mozzarella cheese.
5) Place in the preheated oven at 350 degree F for 15 minutes.
Summer calls for healthy indulgences, and the classic French ratatouille is a perfect example of it. Prepared using eggplant, this classic stew also boasts of other fresh summer yields like zucchini, red peppers, tomatoes, squash, and loads more. Chef Merlin prepares a lip-smacking, flavorful stew that not only melds strong, savoury flavors together, but also makes for a yummy treat.