November Recipe of the Month - Sweet Potato Parfait
|Sweet potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Vanilla bean/Vanilla extract||1⁄2|
|For sweet cashew cream|
|Cashew||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Agave||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For almond and date crunchies|
|Almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted|
1. For sweet potato mixture – in a blender, add in ½ of sweet potato and blend for a few minutes.
2. Add in orange juice, scraped vanilla bean, cinnamon, nutmeg, agave and remaining sweet potato. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. For sweet cashew cream – in a food processor, blend together cashew, agave, vanilla bean and water. Set aside.
4. For almond and date crunchies – in a food processor, mix together almonds and dates.
5. In one of your favorite serving glass make layers of sweet potato, sweet cashew cream and almond and date crunchies, until glass is full.
6. Serve sweet potato parfait for dessert.