Crabmeat Au Gratin for Dinner
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (for mixture and garnish)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||5 Cup (80 tbs), finely shredded|
|Cajun trinity||2 Cup (32 tbs) (onion, celery and green bell peppers)|
|Half and half||1 Quart|
|Fresh white crab meat/Lump crab meat||1 Pound|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your baking dishes on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
3. Warm up the Half & Half in the microwave for a minute and a half.
4. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and sauté the Cajun Trinity until well wilted.
5. Gradually add 4 tablespoons of flour and stirring for 2 minutes or so.
6. Next add in the garlic and stir.
7. Then add in Half & Half mixing well. Bring it to a slow boil and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes to form a thick white sauce.
Stir constantly to prevent scorching or burning.
8. Turn off the heat. Stir in seasoning at ¼ teaspoon each, green onions and parsley. Mix well.
9. Next add in half of the cheese and mix it really well.
10. Fold in the crabmeat. Spoon the mixture into individual baking dishes. Cover with additional cheese.
11. Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
12. Carefully remove from the oven and garnish with chopped green onions or a parsley sprig. Serves well with a steamed vegetable or side salad and crusty French bread.
You can turn the oven on broil to brown the cheese on top.
Calories 897 Calories from Fat 589
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.8%
Saturated Fat 42.1 g210.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.7 mg68.9%
Sodium 921.1 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 50 g99.5%
Vitamin A 228.2% Vitamin C 24.5%
Calcium 107.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet