Mocha Spice Souffle with Chocolate and Chili
|Cocoa powder||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon (unsweetened)|
|Instant coffee||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg white||3 Medium|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Caster sugar||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar substitute||2 Teaspoon (garnish)|
|Icing sugar||2 Teaspoon (or as required for garnishing)|
1) Preheat the oven to 370°F.
2) Dust two 1 cup, ramekins with castor sugar and set aside.
3) In a small saucepan combine the coffee, cocoa, cinnamon and chili with water.
4) Bring to a simmer, stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
5) In a clean, dry bowl beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
6) Add in the cream of tartar and gradually beat in the sugar and sugar substitute until stiff peaks form.
7) Gently fold in the chocolate mixture and spoon into the 2 ramekins.
8) Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the souffles have risen.
9) Dust the souffle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 90.8 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.9%
Sugars 32.1 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet