|Beef||1 Pound, cubed|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Pearl onions||1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||12 Ounce, quartered|
|Red wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Beef broth||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef stock||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Season the cubed beef with salt and pepper.
2. Add the seasoned beef to a medium glass bowl and combine with the pearl onions, carrots, marjoram, thyme, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, red wine. Stir and cover. Let this marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
3. In a skillet, cook bacon and then cut the bacon into pieces.
4. In a slow cooker, add the meat mixture, bacon pieces, mushroom, thyme,marjoram, red wine and beef broth.
5. Add in tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together and then cover.
6. This stew can cook for between 4 and 8 hours depending on your schedule.
7. Towards the end of the cooking process, blend the flour with beef stock from the pot to make a slurry. Then add it to the stew to thicken the sauce while the cooking finishes.
8. Serve with your favorite pasta or bread.