White Chocolate Mousse with Strawberry Sauce by Tarla Dalal
|For strawberry sauce|
|Mashed strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (dissolved in half cup of water)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the white chocolate mousse|
|Chopped white chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), beaten|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon, beaten|
|Strawberries||2 , cut into halves|
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE
1. In a broad non-stick pan, combine together strawberries, cornflour-water mixture, and sugar. Mix properly and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Now add lemon juice and mix properly.
2. Turn off heat and allow to cool. Keep aside.
FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine together chocolate and milk and microwave on high for a couple of minutes. Then remove from microwave and mix properly until there are no lumps. Now strain using a strainer and add beaten whipped cream, followed by adding vanilla essence and sugar. Mix in a gentle way.
4. Take 4 glasses and pour in equal amount of chocolate mousse and level it using a spoon.
5. Now pour two tablespoons of strawberry sauce over the chocolate mousse in each glass and place a dollop of whipped cream in the centre of each glass and place one strawberry half over it.
6. Refrigerate for minimum of two hours.
7. Serve the mousse chilled.
Microwave safe bowl
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.3%
Saturated Fat 33.2 g166%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.5 mg47.8%
Sodium 97 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 33.9%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 0.87%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet