How to make a Rich Chocolate Cake- Tricks from a French Chef
|For the cake|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||200 Gram|
|Black food coloring||1 Teaspoon (natural food color powder)|
|For the cream|
|Oreo cookies||10 Medium, crumbled|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3 Cup (48 tbs) (or Mascarpone Cheese + Cream)|
|For the orange drizzle|
|White chocolate||200 Gram|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange food coloring||1 Teaspoon (natural food color powder)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For The Chocolate Cake
2. In a bowl add chocolate and butter. Melt it in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds at a time and stirring till melted and smooth.
3. In another bowl add the eggs and sugar. Beat till it turns pale yellow. Pour the chocolate mixture with the egg mixture while whisking constantly till well combined. Put the black food color and mix well till evenly colored.
4. Sift in the cocoa powder and continue to mix till incorporated. Put in the flour, salt and baking powder and mix again till smooth.
5. Pour the batter equally into 2 pie pans and shake well to spread evenly. Bake for around 30 minutes or till done. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
For The Cream
6. In a mixer add the cream and whip on medium heat. Slowly add the sugar and continue to whip till it forms stiff peaks.
7. Add the oreo cookie crumbles and fold it in gently till mixed well. Place it the fridge till used.
For The Orange Drizzle
8. In a double boiler melt the white chocolate and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well till combined.
For Assembling the Cake
9. Place one cake on a serving plate with the top side down. Spread the cream evenly on top. Drizzle the orange chocolate mixture over it and place the second cake on top to look like an oreo cookie.
10. In a serving plate, slice and serve the cake as dessert.