How to make a "Jardiniere de Legumes"
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Peel and chop all the vegetables.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauce pan.
3. Add onions and stir over medium heat until golden brown.
4. Remove onions and set aside in a bowl.
5. In the same sauce pan, add a little olive oil and throw in the carrots.
6. Add green beans and keep stirring.
7. Then goes in the mushrooms. Keep on stirring.
8. Add the turnip and cover with a lid.
9. Add the chopped garlic along with the thyme, bay leaf, rosemary and parsley.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Adjust the heat to low and pour in the vegetable broth. Let it simmer.
12. Add the diced and rinsed potatoes to the pot along with the pre cooked onions.
13. Cover with lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
14. When the veggies are tender throw in the frozen peas.Cook for another 5-10 minutes before serving.
15. Throw in two tablespoons of butter if you wish before serving the dish warm.
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 290.2 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.7%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 120.4% Vitamin C 113.5%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet