Ultimate Chocolate French Toast with Rosemary Syrup / Pan Perdu Chocolat au Romarin
|Pepper jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, divided (as needed)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried blueberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mandarin orange segments||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||2|
|Honey||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Cooking spray||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a rack on top.
2. Grease the rack with cooking spray and lay bacon slices on it.
3. Spread pepper jelly on top of each bacon slice.
4. Pop the cookie sheet in a cold oven and set the temperature to 400 degree F. Cook for 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of bacon.
5. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
6. Add raisins, blueberries, orange segments, walnut, pecans, almond, and rosemary. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
7. Pour honey and give it a good stir.
8. Stir in orange juice and remove the pan from heat.
9. In a bowl, combine egg, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Whisk well.
10. Dip bread into the egg chocolate mixture, one at a time and set it aside.
11. In a large saute pan, melt butter and place the bread slices in it. Cook until nice and toasted on both sides.
12. On a platter, place chocolate bread slices and drizzle sauce and pile a generous amount of nuts on top.
13. Serve with pepper jelly bacon slices and enjoy!
Calories 1475 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.7 mg52.6%
Sodium 265.6 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 274.3 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet