Do You Dare Date Night Dinner / Puff Pastry with Ham & Mushrooms
|Puff pastry sheet||1|
|Eggs||1 , beaten with 2 tablespoon of water|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Leeks||2 , chop (use just white and yellow part)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Baby bella mushroom||8 Ounce|
|Shiitake mushroom||8 Ounce, quartered|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Line a cookie sheet with non-stick aluminium foil.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
3. Using a paper towel, rub and clean mushroom. Remove the stem and cut baby bella into ¼-inch thick slices.
4. Cut shiitake into half or quarter, depending on the size.
5. Cut pastry sheet into quarters and place them on the lined cookie sheet.
6. Brush with egg wash and pop it in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan melt 2 tablespoon of butter.
8. Add leek and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until onion is translucent and leek is soft.
9. In a large saute pan, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and add mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
10. Add ham and let them saute for another 5 minutes.
11. Stir in leek and onion mixture, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
12. Slice puff pastry into half and place a generous portion of ham mushroom mixture on the bottom slice. Cover it with the top half.
13. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Calories 745 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g95.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.1 mg36.4%
Sodium 576.1 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 60.4% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet