Gateau de Pommes aux Noix
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Chopped walnut||60 Gram|
|Butter||100 Gram, divided|
|Powdered sugar||150 Gram, divided|
|All purpose flour||120 Gram|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease a baking dish with 20 grams of butter. Spread it all over the sides and bottom.
3. Sprinkle 20 grams of sugar all along the sides and bottom. Tap to spread evenly and pop it into the refrigerator until you prepare the batter.
4. Peel, seed and chop the apple as shown in the video.
5. In a large bowl, take the chopped apples and toss it with liqueur. Set it aside.
6. In mixer, combine egg yolks and sugar. Beat until the mixture becomes light buttery in color.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda.
8. Place butter in microwave for 30 seconds or until it melts.
9. Pour melted butter into the mixer and beat to incorporate.
10. Gradually add flour mixture while beating constantly.
11. Throw chopped walnut into the batter and fold to spread evenly. Set it aside.
12. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until nice and stiff.
13. Gently fold egg whites, 1/3 at a time into the batter.
14. Pour half of the batter into the greased pan and spread evenly.
15. Spread half of the chopped apple on top, followed by the remaining batter and apple.
16. Pop the dish in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
17. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool in dish for 15 minutes.
18. Cut in slices and serve with whipped cream.
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.6 mg47.2%
Sodium 265.7 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet