Courgettes a la Provencal
|Zucchini||4 , cut into 1/4-inch thin slices|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked in chicken or vegetable stock|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Grated mozzarella||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 , mince|
|Fresh herb mix/Dry herbs||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (oregano, thyme, parsley)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon, divided (2 tablespoons for sauce+ 4 to saute zucchini)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
2. Into a colander, place the sliced zucchini and season with salt. Set aside and let them drain for 15 minutes.
3. Grease a baking dish with non-stick spray.
4. For sauce, heat a saute pan to medium high and pour olive oil in it.
5. Add onion, garlic, and herbs. Stir and sweat until onions are translucent.
6. Add tomato into the saute pan. Stir and simmer for about 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine rice and mozzarella.
8. Press rice into the bottom of the greased baking dish.
9. Lay zucchini slices on a tea towel and pat them dry.
10. Roll zucchini slices into the flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake and remove excess flour and set aside on a plate.
11. In a separate pan, saute zucchini slices in 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Do not over crowd the pan and saute in batches.
12. Layer half of the zucchini on top of the rice.
13. Ladle tomato sauce on top and then lay the remaining zucchini slices.
14. Sprinkle Parmesan all over the top.
15. Pop the baking dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
16. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.5 mg4.5%
Sodium 237.1 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 47.6%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet