1. Grease a baking dish with butter and sprinkle sugar all around the bottom. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a mixer, add egg and sugar. Beat for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Turn the mixer down and gradually add flour and salt in it.
5. Once the flour is incorporated to the egg mixture, turn the mixer down to very low speed and slowly pour milk. Mix to combine and let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, peel, core and slice pears lengthwise.
7. Lay pear slices in a circular fashion to cover the bottom of the greased baking dish.
8. Pour batter over the pear slices.
9. Pop the baking dish in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
10. Remove the dish from oven and sprinkle some sugar on top.