Tomate Farcie a la Bonne Femme
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Baby bella mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Ground pork||8 Ounce (or sausage)|
|Garlic clove||1 , mince|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parmesan||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (to drizzle on top)|
|Butter/Non stick spray||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towel, thinly slice them and set aside.
2. Grease a baking dish with non-stick spray or butter.
3. In a heated saute pan, pour oil and add onion, ground pork, mushroom, garlic, thyme, and sage. Give it a good mix.
4. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
6. Meanwhile prepare tomatoes, by cutting the stem end and scooping out the middle making a big hollow for stuffing as shown in the video.
7. Stuff the tomatoes with filling and place it on the baking dish.
8. In a bowl, mix together Parmesan, breadcrumb and melted butter.
9. Top each tomato with ¼ of the breadcrumb mixture.
10. Drizzle olive oil on top and pop the baking dish in oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
11. Serve hot with green salad.
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.5 mg19.8%
Sodium 289.4 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 38.2% Vitamin C 53.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet