Chicken Cordon Bleu
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||300 Gram, cut in half|
|Ham slices||2 (Virginia ham- 1 slice per person)|
|Swiss cheese slices||2 (1 per person)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , whisk|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For parsley sauce|
|Shallot||1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 , chopped finely|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh italian flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roughly chopped|
1. On chopping board, lay plastic wrap and place chicken in the middle. Fold and gently flatten it out with meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Again lay a fresh plastic wrap on the chopping board and lay seasoned chicken in the middle.
4. Place ham and cheese slice on top. Using the plastic roll as shown in the video. Twist to make it nice and tight.
5. Pop it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. In a bowl, take flour and season it with salt and pepper. Set aside.
7. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator, remove the plastic and seal it with toothpick.
8. Coat the chicken with flour, shake and remove the excess, wash it with egg and then roll it in bread crumbs. Repeat the steps one more time.
9. In a pan, heat olive oil and sear chicken in it on all sides until golden brown.
10. Place chicken in a 350 degree F oven and cook for 20 minutes.
For Pasta Sauce:
11. Meanwhile, in a pan heat olive oil and sweat shallots for 5 minutes.
12. Add garlic, stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
13. Stir in flour and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
14. Pour stock and white wine. Stir well and reduce it by half.
15. Add cream and give it a good stir. Bring it to a boil and reduce for 1-2 minutes.
16. Add parsley and mix well. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
17. When the chicken is rested, slice and remove the toothpicks.
18. Serve chicken hot with pasta sauce and cooked peas.
Toothpicks (3 per person)
Calories 694 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 460.7 mg153.6%
Sodium 1226.6 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 64 g127.2%
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet