Leek and Potato Soup
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato||6 Medium, peeled, cubed (4-6)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Bouquet garni||10 Gram (1 small bundle)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Cut off the root and dark green portion of leek, and then cut it lengthwise.
2. Wash leek well to remove all the sand and dirt under running water. Slice them into ¼-inch pieces and set aside.
3. Place a stock pot on flame and pour olive oil in it. Drop butter and allow it to melt.
4. Throw onion and leek in the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and allow it to sweat for 15 minutes over medium low or until nice and soft but not brown.
5. Drop potato pieces and let it sweat for 5 minutes.
6. Add bouquet garni and chicken stock. Stir well. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
7. Remove the bouquet garni and blend the soup until nice and smooth.
8. Pour cream and give it a good stir.
9. Serve soup hot with chives garnish.
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.8 mg6.9%
Sodium 302.6 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 53.4% Vitamin C 75.1%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet