Provencal Eggs Florentine
|Fresh spinach||10 Ounce|
|Bacon slices||4 , cut into thin strips|
|Sundried tomatoes||1 , finely minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped (or 1/2 large onion)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan||2 Tablespoon, grated (more or less as needed)|
1. Place a pan on flame, and cook bacon in it.
2. When the bacon is semi crisp, drop sundried tomato, and stir well.
3. Turn the heat down to low and add spinach. Give it a good stir. Cover and allow it to wilt.
4. In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter and add onion and thyme in it. Cook until soften.
5. Add flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
6. Pour chicken stock, and cream. Bring it to a boil. Stir constantly and cook until the sauce thickens.
7. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
8. Equally divide the spinach mixture into four ramekins.
9. Break one egg each on top of spinach into the ramekins.
10. Spoon sauce around the egg as shown in the video.
11. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
12. Pop the ramekins on 400 degree F oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
13. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.2 mg79.1%
Sodium 436.8 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet