Chocolate Truffle Recipe: How to Make Soft Ganache and Firm Ganache Truffle
|For the basic dark chocolate ganache:|
|Dark chocolate||4 Ounce (San Francisco-based TCHO is our preferred brand)|
|Soft butter||1 Tablespoon|
|For the tempered dark chocolate shell:|
|Dark chocolate||1⁄2 Pound (San Francisco-based TCHO is our preferred brand)|
|For the dark chocolate ganache (firm)|
1. For the Basic Dark Chocolate Ganache: Pour the cream into a pot and bring to a boil and pour into another bowl with contains the chocolate. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave aside for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the plastic wrapper and mix the chocolate and cream together. Don't use the whisk too much because you don't want to add too much air into the mix.
3. Add the butter and incorporate well into the ganache.
4. For the Tempered Dark Chocolate Shell: Melt the 1 pound of chocolate disc over a double boiler.
5. Remove from double boiler and add more chocolate into the bowl and stir it to incorporate well. You need to get the temperature down to 82-80 degrees. Continue to add chocolate into the bowl and mix until all the chocolate is tempered.
6. Fill a candy mold tray with the tempered chocolate and tap gently to remove air bubbles. Let the tray sit for a minute.
7. Tip the mold tray over to remove the chocolate and scrap down into the bowl. You will be left with a chocolate shell.
8. Add the chocolate ganache filling into a piping bag and fill in the middle of the chocolate shell.
9. Add another layer of the tempered chocolate over the ganacha and tap gently to make sure no air goes through. Scrape the excess chocolate using the flat spatula.
10. Let the mold sit in a cool place for 20 minutes or longer.
11. Once set, loosen the tray by twisting it and holding the tray upside down. The chocolate ganache treats will fall right out and are ready to be served.
12. For the Dark Chocolate Ganache (Firm): Bring the cream to a boil in a pot.
13. Pour the hot cream into a bowl with 12 ounces of chocolate and close with a plastic wrap for the chocolate to melt. Set aside for 2 minutes and then mix well using a spoon.
14. Add the butter and mix well. Spread this onto a tray and let it cool overnight in the refrigerator.
15. Bring chocolate tray to room temperature and cut into desired shapes using a hot knife.
16. Drop the chocolate pieces into the left over tempered chocolate bowl and using a fork, scrape off the excess chocolate and place the coated piece over a paper lined baking tray to set.
17. Add a chocolate liner with designs, if you want your chocolate pieces to have a design. You can peel these off once the chocolate has set.
18. You can also any candied garnish or chopped nuts, as you prefer.
19. Serve the ganache chocolates as sweet treats. You can also wrap them up in baskets and give out as gifts.
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.7 mg2.2%
Sodium 32.9 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet