Country French Pate
|Cognac||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon||12 Ounce, chop|
|Ground pork||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh thyme||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Bacon slices||17 (15-17)|
|Ham slices||6 Ounce, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Place a saucepan on low flame, pour cognac in it and let it reduce by half.
3. Place a pan on medium flame, drop butter and saute onion until soft and translucent. Remove pan from heat and set it aside to cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, bacon, thyme, salt, all spice, and black pepper. Mix well.
5. Add sauteed onion, reduced cognac, heavy cream, egg, and garlic. Give it a good mix.
6. Line baking pan with bacon slices overlapping each other as shown in the video.
7. Transfer half of the pork mixture into the bottom. Lay ham slices on top and spread remaining pork mixture on top.
8. Fold and cover the pork mixture with the hanging bacon slices as shown in the video.
9. With a foil, cover the pate tightly, and place it into a roasting pan.
10. Place the roasting pan in the lower rack of oven and fill it with water. Cook for about 2 hours 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
11. Remove the roasting pan from oven, take the baking pan out of the hot water bath and place it on a rimmed baking sheet. Weight it down with a couple of heavy cans, and pop it in refrigerator for 24 hours.
12. To remove pate easily from baking dish, put it another pan filled with hot water and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
13. Cut into slices and serve French pate with a glass of red wine.
Calories 937 Calories from Fat 578
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.8%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.3 mg93.1%
Sodium 1526.7 mg63.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 47 g93.4%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet