Filled with chicken, asparagus and lots of cheese, this yummy quiche is perfect for brunch, a potluck, or Sunday dinner!
9-inch pie crusts
1 Tablespoon, minced
1 Medium, chopped
1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Medium, diced
3 Small, beaten
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Salt and pepper
Monterey jack cheese
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, mustard, salt and pepper.
3. In two 9" pie dishes, line the pie crust and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. Remove the pie crust from the oven and allow to cool completely.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil.
6. Sauté garlic, onion and asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes, or until asparagus is crisp and tender.
7. Using a perforated spoon, remove vegetables from skillet, leaving butter mixture in the skillet.
8. In the same skillet, add chicken, sauté for 7 to 8 minutes, until tender.
9. Take skillet off the heat.
10. Reduce the heat of the oven to 375°F.
11. In each pie dish, make a layer of 1/2 cup of cheese, half the chicken, topped with half of vegetable mixture and half egg mixture.
12. Top both the pie with remaining cheese.
13. Bake quiche uncovered in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
14. Cut the quiche in wedges and serve hot with small side salad if desired.