2. In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolk, 4 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla. Beat until thick and creamy.
3. Place a saucepan on low heat, and pour cream in it. Stir and heat cream until it almost comes to a boil. Remove the pan from heat.
4. Gradually pour cream into the egg yolk mixture. Beat well.
5. Pour the mixture back into the pan and place it on top of double boiler. Stir and cook for 3 minutes or until the mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon.
6. Remove the pan from heat and immediately pour the mixture into a shallow heat proof dish.
7. Place the dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the dish from oven and let it cool to room temperature.
8. In a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoon of sugar and brown sugar. Mix well.
9. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over custard.
10. Turn the oven to broil. Place the dish in oven and broil for about 2 minutes or until sugar melts. Remove the dish from oven and allow it to cool.
11. Top Creme Brulee with your favorite berries and serve immediately.