A completely extravagant Holiday Meal. But well worth it for a special occasion. Like a romantic Valentine's Day Dinner?
1 Bottle (1 l)
Low sodium beef stock
4 Cup (64 tbs)
2 Medium, chop
3 Clove (15 gm), chop
1. Melt the beef fat on a hot skillet and then add the chopped shallots and onion and sauté them for few minutes.
2. Add the red wine and let it come to a boil, now add the stock and let the sauce reduce for 30 minute.
3. While the sauce is cooking you can start cutting the beef tenderloin into 8 pieces, once done pound the meat pieces with your hand and flatten the meat. Keep it aside until needed.
4. Start cutting the foie gras into slices with the help of a sharp warm knife.
5. Check on the sauce and once it is reduced you can add the salt and pepper. The sauce consistency has to be thick and smooth.
6. Season the beef tenderloin with season salt and pepper, on a large pan pour some oil and start searing the beef tenderloin for a minute on each side.
7. Once done remove and sear the foie gras on both sides.
8. Place the meat on a serving plate and top it with foi gras and pour a spoon full of sauce over it.
9. Serve the Beef Tournedoes with Foie Gras along with a glass of red wine