Learn how to do this popular upstate New York dish, which features a scratch-made lemon-butter sauce over fish with a delicate egg and flour coating.
All purpose flour
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
3 Large, beaten
Salt & pepper
4 (4 fillets about 6 oz each)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Lemon butter sauce
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Season the cod fish with salt and pepper.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a mixing bowl.
4. Coat the fish pieces first with flour and then with the beaten eggs.
5. Heat the pan and add olive oil into it.
6. Fry the fish pieces to make them brown on both sides.
7. Place the pan along with fish pieces into the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
8. Take out the fish from the oven and place it over white beans, garlic and crushed red chili.
9. Add the lemon butter sauce over the top of fish before serving.