|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon (optional) (Optional)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Line a counter with a long sheet of waxed paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until well mixed. Allow mixture to stand at room temperature for 60 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir.
3. Heat a crepe pan over medium and butter lightly. Use a scant ¼ cup of batter for each crepe. Pour into pan and quickly swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes until crepe is lightly browned then turn over and cook for a minute or so on the second side.
4. Turn out onto the waxed paper and repeat with remaining batter.
5. Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle over crepes, roll and serve.
After the crepes have cooled you may stack them. They can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days or they can be frozen. You may reheat them in a microwave or tightly wrapped in foil in a regular oven.
For savory crepes, simply omit the rum and sugar. You may add finely chopped herbs to the batter if desired.
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.1 mg41.7%
Sodium 85.2 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet