1. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in large frying pan on medium; add onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 2. Fry, stirring, about 30 min, until mixture is dark brown and dry. Set aside until cool.
3. Add almonds in a food processor and blend until they form a coarse meal. Transfer to bowl; set aside.
4. Add tofu, 1/4 cup olive oil, tahini, tamari sauce, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme to food processor and blend until smooth. Add to almonds in the bowl along with mushroom mixture. Stir well
5. Allow to cool, then taste.
6. Serve cold along with crackers, sourdough bread, toasted baguette slices, and or veggie dippers like carrot slices or with radish slices
If you prefer to bake the veggies, toss onions and mushroom with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put on oiled bakesheet in a 350 degree oven and bake, stirring occasionally until dark brown, dry, and crumbly. Depending on your specific oven, this takes about 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 min.