How to Make Madeleine's
|Eggs||3 (room temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Vanilla sugar/Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , zested|
|Vanilla extract/Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the butter, eggs and vanilla sugar, beat well using an electric hand blender.
3. Pour in the honey and orange zest mixture and add the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients or the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in batches, and beat well after each addition.
6. Allow the batter to rest for 2-3 minutes.
7. In a well-buttered scalloped Madeleine pan, drop in the batter, taking care not to overfill.
8. Bake them for 6-8 minutes for a miniature madeleine pan or increase this by 3-4 minutes when using a larger Madeleine pan.
9. Remove from oven and allow them to cool.
10. Serve with a cup of coffee, dusted with icing sugar if desired.
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.8 mg18.6%
Sodium 41.9 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet