French Toast Stuffed with Pumpkin Cream Cheese
|Bread slices||2 Medium (pumpkin flavor)|
|Non stick cooking spray/Butter||1 Dash|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Pumpkin puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin spice blend||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For egg wash|
|Almond coconut milk/Single cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin spice blend||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon sugar||2 Pinch|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1. STUFFING: In a bowl mix cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract. Whip them well till combined and set aside in the refrigerator for later use.
2. EGG WASH: In another bowl, mix milk, egg, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract. Whisk them well till the egg is incorporated and combined well. Set aside.
3. Take the bread slices and spread the stuffing on 1 slice leaving the edges. Place the other slice over it to make a sandwich.
4. Pour the egg wash in a wide mouthed shallow dish/ plate.
5. Place the stuffed bread slices on it and roll it in the egg mix. Leave it for a few second to soak the flavors.
6. Heat a skillet and spray a non-stick spray. Place the bread slices on it and fry till browned on all sides.
7. Using two spatula turn them over on all sided to cook evenly.
8. In a serving plate, place the French toast. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar and pour the maple syrup over it and serve hot as breakfast.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1778 Calories from Fat 871
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.1%
Saturated Fat 54.5 g272.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 460.9 mg153.6%
Sodium 1286.2 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g67.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.6%
Sugars 139.2 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 443.9% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet