Learn how to make a rich, buttery, flaky and crunchy puff pastry from scratch with this video tutorial. Learn all the tricks on how to make it, roll, storage and understand how puff pastry rise when baking. A complete tutorial!
50 Gram, melt
For the beurrage
175 Gram, cold
1. On a flat surface, mix the all purpose flour and salt and make a well in the middle.
2. Add water to the middle andmix using a dough mixer.
3. Add melted butter and incorporate everything to make a dough.
4. Shape into a square and make an "x" halfway through the dough to make the gluten relax.
5. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins to an hour.
6. For the Beurrage: Lay out a plastic wrap, plac butter in the middle, cover with another plastic wrap and shape it.
7. Beat with rolling butter to shape it in a flat square.
8. Place in the refrigerator and cool for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle flour on flat surface and turn the "x" to face you and open the flour out.
10. Open the beurrage and place in the middle of the dough and cover butter from each side with the dough properly.
11. Next, sprinkle flour on falt surface and on the butter covered dough.
12. Roll it out with a 1/2 inch width and roll out putting less pressure.
13. Fold the two ends to make a square again.
14. Roll out again and repeat fold to make a square again.
15. Place the dough in a plastic wrap and wrap it up and put into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
16. Repeat the process of refrigerate-rolling-folding 3 times.
17. Bake the puff pastry to make your favorite desserts and serve.