Lucy's Grill & Bar - Braised Lamb Shanks - Part 2
|Regular salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (1 tablespoon for lamb shanks + 2 teaspoon for mirepoix + 1 teaspoon for the vegetable medley)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Rosemary||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Black peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
|Grape jus||120 Milliliter|
|Honey mustard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Macadamia nut||3 Tablespoon, coarsely ground|
|Potato||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vegetable||1 Cup (16 tbs) (carrots, zucchini and yellow squash)|
|Demi glace||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare mashed potatoes according to your favorite recipe.
3. In a saute pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and throw in the seasoned lamb shanks.Cook them until they are browned evenly.
4. In another frying pan, saute the celery, onion and carrots along with a clove of chopped garlic, thyme and peppercorns.Drop the grape jus and stir it in.
5. In a roasting pan prepare the braising liquid with the chicken stock, bay leaves, rosemary and garlic.
6. Throw the sauted vegetable medley or the mirepoix in it.
7. Place the lamb shanks in it.
8. Tightly cover with tin foil and place in the pre heated oven. Let it cook for 2 hours.
9. Take it out from the oven and spoon in the honey mustard on the lamb shanks.
10. Mix together the panko and the coarsely ground macadamia nuts and lightly pack it on the honey mustard to form a layer over the lamb shanks.
11. Place it in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes until the panko and macadamia nut mixture gets toasty and brown.
12. Lightly saute the vegetable medley of squash, zucchini and carrots with salt and pepper in a little olive oil.
11. On a plate, place the mashed potatoes and sauted vegetables. Carefully serve the lamb shanks alongside with a generous drizzle of demi glace all over it. Garnish with a sprig of parsley and serve immediately.