Peach And Blueberry Galette
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (For the Dough)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Dough)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the Dough)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For the Dough)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold, cubed (For the Dough)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the Dough)|
|Peaches||3 Medium, pitted and sliced (For the Filling)|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Pint (For the Filling)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Filling)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon (For the Filling)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced (For the Filling)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For the Filling)|
|Egg||1 Medium (For the Glaze)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (For the Glaze)|
|Ice cream||3 Cup (48 tbs) (of your choice)|
1. In a bowl, put together flour, sugar, corn meal and salt, and stir well to mix.
2. Add in the butter and with your hands rub it with flour mixture, until the mixture looks like coarse corn meal, you can also use food processor if desired.
3. Pour in the buttermilk and mix until the dough comes together.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
5. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the peaches in half, using a small knife remove the pith and cut each half in 4 wedges.
7. In a bowl, put the peach wedges, blueberries, sugar, corn starch, salt, and lemon juice and toss well to combine.
8. On a floured surface, put the chilled dough and roll out to about a 14-inch circle.
9. On a parchment lined sheet pan, place the rolled dough. Put the peach filling in the middle and spread leaving 1” space from the edges.
10. Fold the dough over the fruit, press the dough and make evenly spaced pleats.
11. In a small bowl whisk and egg and brush it over the pastry and sprinkle with sugar.
12. Bake the pastry in the oven for 45 minutes or until the crust is browned and the juices are bubbling.
13. Take the pastry out of the oven and allow it to cool slightly.
14. Slice and serve with ice cream.