|Whole chicken||6 Pound (backbone removed, flattened)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut in half|
|Panko/Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped finely|
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2. Place the chicken on plate and pat dry it on both the sides with kitchen paper.
3. Sprinkle and season generously, with salt and pepper on both the sides.
4. In a large pan over medium high heat melt butter with olive oil.
5. Oven the butter is hot place the chicken breast side down allow to cook until light golden brown, for about 1 -2 minutes.
6. Flip the chicken and cook the other side until light brown in colour.
7. Stream in the white wine and add in the capers.
8. In a small bowl, put together Dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, and whisk well to mix.
9. While whisking the mixture slowly pour in the olive oil, and whisk until well incorporated.
10. Using a spatula or brush, apply the glaze all over the chicken, reserve little glaze for tomatoes.
11. Sprinkle scallions and panko all over the chicken.
12. Place the pan in oven and allow to roast for about 30 minutes.
13. Remove the chicken and set aside.
14. On the flat surface of tomatoes spread the reserve mustard glaze and dip the top into panko.
15. Place the tomatoes in pan, panko crusted side up.
16. Return the pan to the oven with chicken and tomatoes and let cook another 10 minutes, or until the top curst is golden brown in colour.
17. Carve the chicken and serve hot with roast tomatoes.