1. Peel the onions and thinly slice.
2. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
3. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Diagonally cut the baguette.
5. Heat a stock pot pour in the coconut oil and heat on high.
6. Stir in the onion and simmer for 40 minutes on medium high heat. Stir in between so that it doesn't burn.
7. Spare some of the caramelized onion for garnish.
8. Pour in the sherry and turn down the flame of stove to low. Let the sherry evaporate.
9. Pour in the vegetable broth. Let it simmer.
10. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the soup.
11. Place the baguette over the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
12. Take out the baguette from the oven and top with cheese, bake for another 5 minutes, till the cheese melts.
13. Ladle onion soup in a bowl and top it with cheese baguette.