|Olive oil/Or cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|French andouille sausage||6 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef chuck||3 Pound, bottom round cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced|
|Pearl onions||1 Bag (1 kg), frozen or drained (12 oz)|
|Celery||2 , cut up|
|Crimini mushrooms||1 Pound, thick sliced or quartered|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Regular brown onion||1⁄2 Medium, charred on both flat and rounded sides|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mashed|
|Red wine/Chianti, burgundy, merlotcan be used||750 Milliliter|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|French cognac||45 Milliliter|
|Fingerling potatoes/Baby yellow potatoes or baby red potatoes.||16 Ounce|
1. Cut your Andouille sausage into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. In a large mixing bowl take flour and coat the meat.
3. To make bouquet garni, in cheesecloth put the rosemary, thyme, and crushed bay leaves and tie with a string.
4. In a saute pan or skillet put some cooking oil and brown the sausage up. Once done remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Next brown the flour coated meat, adding in a pinch of salt and pepper. After browned, set it aside.
6. In the same saute pan or skillet, take the sliced carrots, celery and pearl onions and brown them. Add a pinch of salt and pepper while cooking. Once done set aside.
7. In another pan pour some oil and add some butter and saute the mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper while sauteing.
8. In a 5 quart crock pot, put in the charred brown onion half, browned beef, Andouille sausage, garlic, mushrooms and veggies.
9. Then pour in the red wine follwed by the beef stock leaving half an inch to the surface.
10. Drop the bouquet garni and let it cook on low heat for a total of 7-8 hours.
11. About 4 hours into cooking add the tomato paste and mix in.
12. After it has been cooking for 5 hours, add in a shot of French cognac to fortify the red wine.
13. After the beef bourguignon has cooked for another hour, add your potatoes and mix. This will take about an hour or two.
14. Pour beef bourguignon into a bowl and serve hot.
Make sure your beef is thoroughly dry of all excess moisture. If the meat is wet it will not brown correctly!