|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR SYRUP)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR SYRUP)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR SYRUP)|
|Puff pastry sheet||1 (FOR PALMIER)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (FOR PALMIER)|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (FOR PALMIER)|
1. FOR HONEY SAUCE: In a heavy bottom pan place the honey, water and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
2. In another bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the sugar mixture on a clean board.
3. Place the puff pastry sheet on top of the sugar. Generously spread sugar on the top side of the puff pastry as well.
4. Using a rolling pin, firmly roll the puff pastry into the cinnamon sugar – making sure both sides get covered evenly. Brush the syrup generously on the pastry.
5. Start by tightly rolling the pastry closest to you. Roll it until you reach the middle. Turn the pastry and roll the other side so both rolls meet in the middle. Sprinkle extra sugar on roll and cut off uneven edges.
6. Tightly wrap the dough in plastic. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
8. Bring roll out of freezer and slice it to form small cookies.
9. Place them on a parchment paper lined sheet. If your kitchen is cold, go ahead and bake them. If not, place the cookie sheet in the fridge for around 30 more minutes.
10. Place the cookies in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Very carefully flip cookies. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn your cookies.
12. Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately place cookies on a cooling rack and allow complete cooling.
13. On a serving platter, place the cookies and serve as snack with refreshing drink of choice.
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 202.2 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g43.9%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.8%
Sugars 95.2 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet