French toast is made by dunking bread into beaten eggs and then cooking it in a skillet or griddle. Typically it is made with brioche or sliced white bread. Nutella is a chocolate and hazelnut paste that goes beautifully with crepes. It is also great sandwiched between two pieces of bread and then turned into French toast. What a nice addition to any breakfast or brunch.
Bread slices/Brioche slices
1. Cut the brown crust of the bread slices.
2. Make 4 sandwiches with 1 tablespoon Nutella each.
3. In a large bowl or pan, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla.
4. Heat a griddle or skillet with some butter.
5. Dunk the Nutella sandwich into the egg mixture and coat well on both sides.
6. Place it on the heated griddle on medium heat and allow the bottom to brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and finish browning the other side.
7. Plate the French toast to a plate. Cut in a diagonal with a bread knife. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
8. In a serving plate, serve the toast with milk or drink of choice for breakfast or brunch.