French Apple Tart
|Tart apple||9 Large, thinly sliced (6 for tart +3 for decoration)|
|Sugar||160 Gram (3/4 cup for tart+ 10 grams for sprinkling for top)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for apples+ 1 tablespoon for top)|
|Pie crust dough||1 Pound|
|Apricot jam||3 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melt|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. For top decoration, slice apple as shown in the video.
3. On a large baking tray, lay apple slices, and sprinkle flour, sugar, and cinnamon on it. With your hands break apple slices, and toss to coat evenly.
4. Cover it with another pan, pop it in oven, and bake for 15-30 minutes or until apples are tender.
5. Take tray out of oven, and break them down with pastry cutter. Do not mash it just chop it finely with cutter.
6. Place the tray again in oven and let some moisture from the apple steam off.
7. Into a bowl, put baked apples, and keep it aside.
8. Roll pie dough, lay it on an 11-inch pie pan, and cover it with foil as shown in the video.
9. Put beans on it, and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes, just to bring a light brown colour.
10. Remove tart shell from oven, lift the beans from it, and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
11. Scoop baked apples into the shell. Spread it evenly.
12. Lay sliced apples on the tart as shown in the video.
13. With a brush, gently apply margarine on the apple slices.
14. Sprinkle sugar on top.
15. Pop it oven and bake for 30 minutes.
16. Take tart out of the oven, and apply apricot jam on it as glaze. Remove the pan, and allow it to cool.
17. Cut into slices and serve French apple tart immediately.
Apple edges will get blackened, so don’t worry and allow it to cook.
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.4 mg2.8%
Sodium 236.2 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 32.1 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 319.8%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 0.63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet