Make sure you don’t throw out bread anymore! Keep the ends or any pieces of stale bread and make croutons. They are easy to make and absolutely delicious with soups and salads. I used a high fiber, whole grain and flax seed ciabatta bread for these. You can make these and store them in an airtight container for a week. They are so much better than anything you can buy at the store and so super easy to make! You can use just about any kind of bread you have left over to make croutons.
4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed
3 Tablespoon (enough to coat the bread)
1. In a pan, put the bread cubes.
2. Season with salt, oregano, thyme, garlic, black pepper. Mix well to coat all the bread.
3. Pour olive oil over the bread and mix it well to coat all the herbs and salt to the bread.
4. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
5. In a baking tray, line the bread cubes in a single layer.
6. Bake it for 20 minutes or till the croutons are crispy.
7. Serve these croutons in soups and salads or store it in air tight containers.