This sauce goes beautifully with poached fish, poached eggs and steamed vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower. It is a little tricky to make but absolutely delicious!
1 Cup (16 tbs), melted
1. In a bowl place the egg yolks and put it over a small pot of boiling water.
2. Add lemon juice and water. Whisk yolks until they about triple in volume and start forming ribbons. Remove yolks from heat.
3. Slowly add the melted butter a little bit at a time. The initial addition is very important in order to emulsify the sauce.
4. Whisk in the rest of the butter gradually. The more butter you add the thicker your sauce will be.
5. Serve the Hollandaise sauce on steamed vegetables, poached fish or eggs Benedict.