3 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon of corn starch mixed with 2 tabespoons cold water until lump free)
Low fat greek yogurt
Reduced fat cheddar cheese
6 Ounce, grated
6 Tablespoon (4 tbsp. melted and 2 tbsp. diced)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
3. In a small saucepan pour in the evaporated milk and bouillon, stir over a medium heat until bouillon dissolves and the milk just starts to come to a boil.
4. Add the cornstarch slurry and stir for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
5. Remove it from the heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl to cool down.
6. Add in the onions, cheddar, yogurt, salt, and pepper, and melted butter. Stir to combine.
7. Pour the sauce mixture over the grated potatoes and mix until everything is well combined.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, top with the diced butter.
9. Bake for 60 minutes.
10. Serve Hash Brown casserole with roasted chicken and salad.
If the casserole isn’t as browned as you'd like after an hour, you could place it under the broiler for 2 to 5 minutes or until it has the color you want. Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
If you’re following a gluten free diet, make sure the chicken bouillon is gluten free.