|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Heavy cream||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pour sugar over egg yolk and whisk. Make sure to whisk thoroughly together.
2. Add in vanilla extract and mix in completely.
3. Preheat oven at 250 degrees.
4. In a pot mix cream and milk and heat.
5. When milk mixture starts to boil, turn off the heat.
6. Slowly pour the milk mixture into egg mixture. Mix thoroughly.
7. Strain the mixture and pour into a ramekin.
8. Place a water filled pot over stove.
9. Place the ramekin. Heat the stove and stir the crème constantly, till water boils.
10. Place a steamer underneath the ramekin and steam for 8 minutes.
11. Take out the ramekin from steamer and put that in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 250 degrees.
12. Wrap the brulee with cellophane and refrigerate for 180 minutes.
13. Take out the ramekin, sprinkle brown sugar over it.
14. Caramelize the sugar with the help of kitchen torch or broiler.
If you are using a conventional oven then don’t follow the steaming procedure. And bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.