Learn how to make a classic French favorite "showstring potatoes" with healthy sweet potatoes
2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed, not more than 50 % of the sides of the pot for frying)
1 Teaspoon (Harvest Eating)
1) Cut off the ends of the sweet potato and peel off the skin with a peeler.
2) In a large bowl, place the mandoline slicer and grate the sweet potato into juliennes.
3) In a heavy bottom Dutch oven, add the oil not more than 50 % of the sides of the pot and heat the oil to 320°F.
4) Add the sweet potato juliennes in batches and fry for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon on paper towels to drain off excess oil.
5) Then raise the oil temperature to about 350°F and fry the sweet potato juliennes for another 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer into a brown paper bag.
6) Season the fries with seasoning in the bag and shake to coat them nicely.
7) Serve the Sweet Potato Pommes Frites over steaks or just as a snack.