Cooking in parchment is a great way to serve healthy food that looks great and tastes great. Corn, tomatoes, leeks, Farro and tomato serve as a nest for this steamed Halibut. This video shows the proper method for cooking "en papillote"
2 Small, rinsed
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked
1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
1 Dash, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)
1⁄2 Tablespoon, softened
1) Carve out a heart shape with a large sheet of parchment paper.
2) Cut the leeks into round slices.
3) Cut the basil leaves into ribbons with a sharp knife.
4) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5) In a saute pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and leeks. Saute the leeks, stirring occasionally until softened.
6) Stir in the corn,tomatoes and basil. Allow to cook for a few minutes, then combine with the cooked farro and mix thoroughly.
7) Place the parchment paper with the round part of the heart facing you. Spoon the farro mixture in the centre near the fold.
8) Lay the halibut fillet over the farro mixture and season with the kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
9) Then spread the butter evenly over the halibut fillet.
10) Fold the parchment paper over the halibut fillet, then crimp and fold the edges of paper starting from the broad end.
11) Lay the folded parchment paper envelope over a sheet pan and place in the preheated oven for about 18 to 20 minutes until cooked through.
12) Transfer the envelope over a serving plate, cut off the envelope and serve the Halibut En Papillote with Faro Salad, Vegetable Medley immediately.