Learn how to make a delicious twist on the classic French desert by adding mango.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (organic)
1 Large (organic)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (+ about 2 tablespoons for topping)
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Cut, peel and dice the mango. Spoon a few pieces of mango in each ramekin and set aside.
3) In a large heavy bottom pot, add the heavy cream. Split the vanilla bean, scrape and add the seeds into the heavy cream.
4) Whisk the heavy cream lightly to mix the vanilla seeds, then allow to scald over a low heat.
5) In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and granulated sugar together with a wire whisk.
6) Temper the egg yolk mixture with the heavy cream, then gradually pour in the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Then add the entire heavy cream and discard the vanilla seeds.
7) Arrange the ramekins in a baking dish, then gently ladle the custard into the prepared ramekins leaving a little space at the top.
8) Then bake in a hot water bath,(bain marie) for about 35 to 40 minutes, until the custards are set around edges but still slightly wobbly in centers.
9) Transfer the ramekins to a rack to cool, then chill in the refrigerator until cold.
10) Sprinkle the ramekins with granulated sugar and spread evenly on top.
11) Use a torch for flaming or place under a broiler until the sugar is just caramelized.
12) Serve the Mango Creme Brulee immediately.