Creamy Turkey Crepes
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for bechamel sauce)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon (for bechamel sauce)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), hot (for bechamel sauce)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon (for bechamel sauce)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for bechamel sauce (a pinch for sauce and 1/2 teaspoon for filling))|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (for bechamel sauce)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for filling)|
|Mushroom||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), slice (for filling)|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped (for filling)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince (for filling)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (for filling)|
|Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped, and cooked (for filling)|
|Dry vermouth/Turkey stock||2 Tablespoon (for filling)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (for filling)|
|Asparagus spears||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), cooked and chopped (8 spears for filling)|
1. For sauce, take a small pan, melt butter in it. Add flour and stir it into a smooth mixture.
2. Slowly whisk milk in pan, and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes light and thick.
3. Remove pan from heat, add Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to it.
4. For filling, place a non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour oil and add mushroom, shallots, garlic, thyme, and salt in it. Sauté and cook for 5 minutes or until mushroom turn golden and liquid evaporates.
5. Add turkey and vermouth in skillet, season with salt, and cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Add ½ of sauce to turkey, sprinkle asparagus on top, and stir it together.
7. Spoon mixture on crepe, fold it into quarter and place it on a baking dish.
8. Pour reserved sauce on top, sprinkle parmesan cheese, put it in broiler, about 6-inch away from heat and broil for 2 minutes or until they become brown and bubbly.
9. Serve creamy turkey crepes immediately.
You may add broccoli or peas, anything in hand instead of asparagus.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.2 mg34.4%
Sodium 354.5 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet