Creamy Turkey Crepes
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for bechamel sauce)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon (for bechamel sauce)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), hot (for bechamel sauce)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon (for bechamel sauce)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for bechamel sauce (a pinch for sauce and 1/2 teaspoon for filling))|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (for bechamel sauce)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for filling)|
|Mushroom||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), slice (for filling)|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped (for filling)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince (for filling)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (for filling)|
|Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped, and cooked (for filling)|
|Dry vermouth/Turkey stock||2 Tablespoon (for filling)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (for filling)|
|Asparagus spears||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), cooked and chopped (8 spears for filling)|
1. For sauce, take a small pan, melt butter in it. Add flour and stir it into a smooth mixture.
2. Slowly whisk milk in pan, and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes light and thick.
3. Remove pan from heat, add Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to it.
4. For filling, place a non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour oil and add mushroom, shallots, garlic, thyme, and salt in it. Sauté and cook for 5 minutes or until mushroom turn golden and liquid evaporates.
5. Add turkey and vermouth in skillet, season with salt, and cook for another 3 minutes.
6. Add ½ of sauce to turkey, sprinkle asparagus on top, and stir it together.
7. Spoon mixture on crepe, fold it into quarter and place it on a baking dish.
8. Pour reserved sauce on top, sprinkle parmesan cheese, put it in broiler, about 6-inch away from heat and broil for 2 minutes or until they become brown and bubbly.
9. Serve creamy turkey crepes immediately.
You may add broccoli or peas, anything in hand instead of asparagus.