Crock Pot Sausage and Chicken Cassoulet
|Chicken breasts||2 Large, shredded|
|Mild sausage||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Bacon||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped|
|Northern beans/Chickpea||15 Ounce, drained|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), diced|
|Onion pepper celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced, mixed (flash frozen, packaged)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Creole seasoning||2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced (for sauce)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a oven proof dish, evenly spread a layer of the northern beans at the bottom.
3) Then evenly spread a layer of chicken, sausage, bacon, onion-pepper-celery mixture and stewed tomatoes.
4) In a small bowl, combine the garlic, creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, white wine together.
5) Stir the mixture and pour evenly over the layered dish.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
7) Alternately, heat a crock pot on high and add the ingredients layered in the dish. Cook on high for about 2 hours.
8) Sprinkle the with some Parmesan cheese and serve with French bread for dinner.
To make fresh onion pepper celery mixture use 1/2 cup diced onions, 1/4 cup diced peppers and 1/4 cup diced celery.
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36 mg12%
Sodium 200.8 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.7%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 29 g58.4%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 17% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet