Not Tuna Pâté & Crudités
|Soaked sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Soaked almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced (NOT TUNA PATE)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, sliced at an angle (deseeded (FOR CRUDITES))|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced at an angle (deseeded (FOR CRUDITES))|
|Celery head||1 , sliced at an angle (FOR CRUDITES)|
|Broccoli||1 Small, cut to small florets (FOR CRUDITES)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, cut at an angle (FOR CRUDITES)|
|Large cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whole (FOR CRUDITES)|
1. FOR NOT TUNA PATE: Soak the almonds and sunflower seeds overnight in water. Drain off the water and rinse.
2. FOR THE CRUDITES: Peel the cucumber. Cut it lengthwise and scoop out the seeded core with a spoon.
3. Turn the cucumber to an angle and slice it to bite-size pieces.
4. Chop the celery, red bell pepper in a similar way to make bite size pieces.
5. Slice the carrots at an angle to look like chips.
6. Take the broccoli, cut out the stem. Slice the thick parts at an angle. Cut the florets into small bite sized flowers.
7. In a food processor fitted with the S blade , put the sunflower seeds, almonds, water, lemon juice, and salt, process into a paste.
8. Stop occasionally to scrape down the work bowl with a rubber spatula.
9. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the celery, onion, and parsley until well combined.
10. In a serving plate, arrange the sliced vegetables as desired and serve the Not Tuna Pate in a small bowl.
11. It can also packed in the lunch box.
Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, Not Tuna Pâté will keep for 5 days.